Solar Design Engineer
As a Solar Design Engineer, you will be responsible for designing circuit drawings, site plans, system layouts, and installation documentation for commercial, utility scale and residential solar PV systems, energy storage systems, and other electrical scopes of work. The Design Engineer takes initial system concept ideas and turns them into fully detailed construction ready designs. Working on residential, commercial, and utility scale solar projects, the Design Engineer has a steady pipeline of diverse projects to design. Coordinating with sales, customers and local agencies, the Design Engineer balances the necessity of a customer solution with the efficiency of standard practices.
You will work in our open office environment, with occasional travel throughout Indonesia to meet with customers, subcontractors or utilities and perform site inspections. You will collaborate with sales, site evaluators, engineers, project managers and installers to ensure an effective customer and work experience, supporting and driving commercial projects from sales through project completion.
- Lead engineering for projects in our pipeline – residential, commercial, and utility scale
- Perform site surveys at customer and project locations.
- Verify initial system layout and gear location based on site surveys.
- Use solar tools and software to analyze potential systems.
- Complete system designs for PV projects including: using AutoCAD and/or Sketch Up to design circuit drawings, site plans, system layouts and installation documentation and perform shading analysis for solar PV systems, energy storage systems, utility interconnections, and other electrical scopes of work.
- Create and maintain engineering files and service logs.
- Work with local agencies and municipalities, electric utilities, subcontractors, vendors and installation crews.
- Meet with customers, subcontractors, utilities, and installation crews at job sites during design and installation cycle, performing commissioning and providing technical support.
- Communicate effectively with other engineers, sales staff, field crews and staff, project managers and installation crews to optimize costs, productivity, customer satisfaction, and create a positive and safe work environment.
- Research and develop new products, technologies and processes.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field; concentrations in electric power systems or renewable energy is preferred.
- 3+ years experience in designing commercial and utility grade solar PV projects, with proven track record.
- Strong computer skills, mechanical aptitude and experience with AutoCAD, Sketch Up or a related CAD software is required.
- Experience with solar design software, such as Helioscope, PVSyst, Homer is required.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and technical proficiency.
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Thrives in challenging situations.
- Willing to travel.
Solar Civil Engineer
As a Solar Civil Engineer you are responsible for designing and implementing robust civil infrastructure that will support all electrical components of a Solar PV system for 25 years or more. You will be involved in planning, analysis and design of ground mounted and rooftop solar installations. You must ensure that the project is executed in a quality manner that is safe for the environment, surrounding areas and all workers.
- Perform site surveys, site assessment, including topography, soil test and cut-and-fill estimation.
- Review the drawings provided by various design consultants and integrate in the project.
- Perform design, Bill of Materials estimation and costing of Civil & Steel structural works including materials and manpower.
- Ensuring engineering, design quality, technical accuracy of drawings, material quantities, specifications, procedures comply with standards, specification and regulations.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other discipline engineering team members, fabrication team, project engineers, and construction team.
- Assist procurement team in procurement process of materials related to Civil/Structure works, review vendors’ quotations, prepare technical quotation evaluation and recommend the final technically acceptable vendor.
- Site execution of civil work within the time frame and within the Budget.
- Degree in Engineering, Construction or a related field; concentrations in Civil Engineering is preferred.
- 2+ years experience.
- Ability to manage projects from development and planning to installation and execution.
- Strong computer skills, mechanical aptitude and experience with structure software such as AutoCAD, Sketch Up, SAP, STAAD PRO and ETABS.
- Knowledge in project management tools such as MS Project or equivalent is preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Willing to travel anywhere in Indonesia, depending on project location.
How to ApplyWe request that all candidates email their CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
References will be checked for final candidates.